DVNL (Dutch Blood Donor Association) is the official discussion partner of Sanquin (the only blood bank in The Netherlands) about the general interests of donors. We are an independent non-profit organisation established in 2009 and our main goal is to give donors a voice. Every registered blood donor is able to become a member for free. (So far we have approximately 6500 members and that number is continuously growing.)
Our objectives are:
- Improvement of the communication between Sanquin and the blood donors.
- Monitoring of the blood collection procedures.
- Involvement with the donor policy of Sanquin.
- Participation in the donor advisory board of Sanquin.
- Maintain international contacts with foreign blood donor associations.
As an enthusiast member of FIODS we are glad to host the General Assembly from 30 April till 2 May 2015 in Amsterdam. Furthermore we are extremely honoured to host the World Blood Donor Day 2016 in The Netherlands.
Only this page is available in English and at the right side you can find all our international news. (All the other pages are in Dutch.) If you wish to get more information you can e-mail our president: Mr. Godwin Zwanenburg email@example.com.
Interesting information from the website Donor Health Care: www.donorhealthcare.org